Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maynardism

'Something kind of odd happened to me yesterday, happened to all of us actually. We were at our hotel. When we went to go in to the bar they said that we had to tuck our shirts in. And then we went to another bar and we couldn't get in because we didn't have a collar on the shirt that we were wearing. Some kind of funny piece of extra fabric somewhere made a difference somehow. And I remembered that this is a very, very fundamentalist, religious part of the country. And although I wouldn't consider myself an actual practicing Christian, I would think that the ideals set forth by the original people are pretty true - Follow your heart, trust your intuition, and feel, then know that that force out there that is based on love which is unconditional. Unconditional. Unconditional. Without judgement. And that we're all connected, we're all from the same source. So, No, I won't tuck my shirt in.'
M.J.Keenan 08.01.98

No comments: